Home
Site map
Contact details
 
               
>>  Opening times and admission 
 

  Opening times and admission

  What's on

  Permanent exhibitions

     Main building

     Gallery of 20th Century Art              at Oksza villa

     The Museum of the Zakopane Style       - Inspirations

     The Museum of the Zakopane Style

     The Władysław Hasior Gallery

     The Kornel Makuszyński Museum

     Museum of the 1846 Chochołów       Uprising

     Łopuszna Manor

     Korkosz Croft in Czarna Góra

     Sołtys Croft in Jurgów

  Temporary exhibitions

  Collections

  History of the Tatra Museum

  Publications

  Contact details

  Site map



 

 








Łopuszna Manor

 

Outside the fence enclosing the manorial buildings, along the way to the village of Łopuszna, there is a wooden cottage transferred here from the village. Dismantled by the owners, it was purchased by the Tatra Museum in 1980. Marked No. 105, the cottage belonged to the Klamerus family with many branches (differing in nicknames) in Łopuszna. It was built in 1887 by Jan Klamerus ‘Sowa’ (the Owl), as evidenced by the inscription on the main beam in the ‘big chamber’.

The furniture in the Klamerus cottage was mostly purchased in the village. The cottage consists of several well-furnished interiors, the vestibule, the kitchen, the ‘big chamber’, and interiors intended for housekeeping functions, the attic and the larder, the latter annexed to the house from the back.

From the vestibule used for the storage of articles of daily use, such as kitchen utensils and small household and farming implements, we enter the kitchen. It is modestly furnished with the bench by the stove used for putting kitchen vessels on and the wooden rod spanned between the stove and the opposite wall used for hanging clothes. Tableware and smaller kitchen utensils were kept in a small open cupboard called the shelf. As in many homes, we can see kitchen utensils manufactured in different periods. Those made of wood, clay and cast iron are the earliest ones, followed by mass-produced enamelled metal pots and pans, and earthenware articles.

As indicated by the name, the ‘big chamber’, a representational interior, is much larger than the kitchen. The characteristic construction element here is a huge beam beneath the ceiling, the main beam, in the middle of which are carved stars (rosettes) and inscriptions, usually with the name of the carpenter and the date of the completion of the building. The table was always an important place in the chamber. Here the family had meals on feast-days, and here the more important guests were seated. Besides the furniture including a bed, a cradle, and a box for storing clothes, the ‘big chamber’ contains, running between the walls, a decorative shelf with a balustrade, with religious pictures hanging on the shelf in a row and decorative pottery beneath. As in the ‘black’ chamber, a special rod was used for hanging clothes instead of a wardrobe.

 

1 2 

Print    ::   
 

1999-2022 © MATinternet :: Powered by AntCms   |   Copyright Muzeum Tatrzańskie  www.muzeumtatrzanskie.pl
Translated & edited by: Joanna Holzman, Adrian Smith, Anna Wende-Surmiak